St Joseph’s Hospice in Hackney has been chosen as this year’s Charity of the Year for the Hackney Half Marathon. They are looking for local clubs, groups and businesses to put together teams or help them find eager individuals to take on the 13.1 miles in this fantastic Hackney event.
The event is a flat, fast half marathon that shows off Hackney and its many green spaces as well as the iconic Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The route also goes straight past St Joseph’s Hospice!
Date: Sunday 8th May. Registration fee: £20. Fundraising target: £250. Expected no. of runners: 13,000
They’ll provide every runner with:
– Our technical running vest
– Welcome pack
– On the day support from our fabulous cheerers
– Pre and post-race reception
– Exciting incentives along the way
– Invitation to welcome evening at the hospice
– Weekly e-newsletters
If you don’t fancy taking on the Run Hackney half marathon yourself there’s still plenty of ways you can help them to make the event a huge success for the Hospice!
– Put up a poster in your club, group or business you can download one here
– Spread the word, tell family and friends about the event and how they can get involved
– Volunteer as a St Joseph’s Hospice cheerer on the day of the event
For more info and to offer help contact:
Anna Lee 020 8525 6033 | firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SUPPORT ST. JOSEPH’S?
St Joseph’s Hospice provides specialist care for people with long term and terminal illnesses, as well as supporting and providing care for their families and carers.
Patients have access to our social workers, physiotherapists, complementary therapists and members of the chaplaincy team – taking into account patients and families’ psychological, social and spiritual needs as well their physical ones.
It costs £19,000 to run the hospice for one day so every penny raised is vital in continuing our work.