John Forster was born in 1941. In 1973 he started working as a pub manager for Trumans. Then he created a company called Town and Country Relief Service which put temporary managers into the following East London pubs between 1978 – 1988
- The Derby Arms, Warspite Road, SE18. Now Closed
- The Old George, 379 Bethnal Green Road (top photo)
- The Jolly Butchers, 157 Brick Lane, E1. Now Closed
- The White Hart, 359 Bethnal Green Road. Now The Star of Bethnal Green.
- The Royal. Now called the Royal Inn on the Park, Lauriston Road, E9
- The City Arms, Westferry Road, E14. Was renamed the City Pride. Demolished.
- Robert Burns, 248-250 Westferry Road, London E14. Now a Mosque.
- The Morgan Arms, junction Morgan Street and Coborn Road, E3.
- The Black Swan, which was near the Blue Bridge, Manchester Road, E14
- The Ship and Blue Ball, 13 Boundary Street, Shoreditch. Also now closed.