Ahead of the 12 December general election, Age UK call for the next Government to invest in older people and the public services they need.
6 million over 65s in England are in need of support:
- 4.1 million have poor health
- 1.5 million have an unmet care need
- 1.6 million are in poverty
- 1.1 million live in poor housing
- 0.8 million are lonely
- 0.6 million are socially isolated
Age UK want political parties to pledge to make life better for older people, especially those who need us most this election. The video below sets out some of the points in less than 2 mins. You can read the Age UK General Election Manifesto here.