On the first weekend of December, Roman Road Winter Festival will bring a flurry of festive fun to Roman Road.
The four-day FREE event will celebrate all things local, festive and wintery. There’ll be arts & crafts, workshops, food, films, live music, festive shopping, special offers and lots of free entertainment including:
• Late night shopping and discounts
• Vintage, cult and classic festive films screened in cafes up and down The Roman
• Winter Warmer – live music at St Paul’s Church, Old Ford featuring Hornman, Action Men, Sula Mae and Rum Buffalo
• Switching on the Christmas lights
• Santa’s Grotto
• Letter to Santa and Christmas card making workshop from Letter Lounge
• Christmas market featuring Urban Makers East
• Street performances
• Traditional Christmas Carolling
• Pavement Carrom games
• Henna tattooing and face painting
• Delicious food stalls
• Locally made festive gifts and cards
• Christmas trees for sale from local garden centre Growing Concerns
• Plenty of free entertainment: buskers, bands, choirs and circus acts
GET THE LATEST FESTIVAL INFO
ABOUT THE ORGANISERS
The Roman Road Winter Festival 2014 is brought to you by The Roman Road Resident and Business Association (RRRBA), the same group that brought you the inaugural Roman Road Summer Festival in June/July, which attracted 4,000 people.
PARTNERS AND SPONSORS
Roman Road Winter Festival 2014 is supported by London Borough of Tower Hamlets, and Community First Neighbourhood Matched Fund programme for Office of Civil Society.